Sunday, September 7, 2008

Knitting With Wire



Here's a picture of a copper cuff bracelet I made a while ago.


I used 28 gauge copper wire, and tiny steel knitting needles...a little at a time because my fingers got so sore from pulling on the wire to get the tension even. This cuff took me a long time to make!


Because the edges were a little uneven, and to give the cuff more strength, I made copper sheet edging, folded over, and hand-riveted, then formed on my bracelet mandrel.


I then embellished the copper knitting with turquoise seedbeads...overall a pleasing effect I think.


Would I do it again? Hmmmm.....I'll have to consult my fingers, LOL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! You do such wonderful work! An inspiration to us all!

High On Craft said...

Gillian that is GORGEOUS! I can see why you don't want to part with it.

Curley said...

Stunning Gillian. I wouldn't want to part with it either.

Bette said...

the cuff is exquisite, gillian! truly a work of art.

Unknown said...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL.